samedi 18 avril 2015

Phoenix faucet

About a year ago I needed to replace a garden tub faucet in a mobile home. The one that matched was a Phoenix USA 24" center chrome garden tub filler. Everything went fine until I put on the lock nuts under the tub for the hot and cold water knobs. I couldn't find a way to tighten the lock nuts too well, so they finished with a hand tighten only. It worked great for awhile, but then I noticed that the top assembly for the knobs started to be loose (including the collars) and then the water wouldn't either turn on or off too well. I looked underneath and noticed that the lock nuts were not snug up against the underside of the tub as they had been. They had worked their way down and the flexible hoses were a tangled mess. I again hand tightened, but this became a pattern after a few days. I decided to stop using the tub. Another day I decided to work on it, but the lock nuts are like concrete and they won't move. I'm guessing that maybe some wd-40 might loosen them. This time when I work on things, I'd like to get the things tightened under there and hopefully they won't work loose again and tangle the hoses. Can some one tell me how to tighten those lock nuts or any help with this project would be so appreciated.



I did discover that I could hold the lock nuts flush against the underside of the tub and when I installed the knob it would tighten from the top. But it still works loose from underneath.

Phoenix faucet

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.