lundi 27 avril 2015

Alarm Panel ground, help!

Hello,

I'm hoping someone has experience with this.

I have an interlogix caddx nx-8e. It was installed with a mixed of wired and wireless zones totaling 29 zones. The wired zones (24 zones) have 22 gauge shielded security wires connecting the sensors to the panel.

The alarm panel is not grounded. I downloaded the manual and it says it needs to be grounded to a cold water pipe. This panel isn't located anywhere near a cold water pipe. I can get a wire to a cold water pipe but it'll be a TASK.

So I was thinking.... Can I just ground it to the receptacle that the alarm panel is plugged into? I confirmed that the electrical panel is properly grounded and the outlet that my alarm panel is plugged into is properly grounded (I actually removed the covers to visually inspected them and used a meter). I also confirmed that the cold water pipe I would burn hours to ground to is properly grounded to the electrical panel.

Thoughts?
Alarm Panel ground, help!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.