mercredi 29 avril 2015

PT Deck and Railing Screws questions

First time poster.

I just had a 12'x12' pressure treated deck installed with white aluminum railings.

I have two questions.
1) Does the pressure treated wood need to be stained, sealed, protected? (basically have anything done to it to protect it) I also had a PT fence done. (Developer put in a PT post, cedar beam fence in that has not been looked after by them) I live in Calgary, Alberta. There are so many different opinions on this that I've gotten confused on what needs to be done.

2) The contractor installed the railings around the perimeter of the deck. I found that some of the screws ended up very close to the edge of one of the deck boards, causing the board to split in these areas. The split did not go all the way through the board, or along its entire length. Is this something to be concerned about and if so why?

Thank you!
PT Deck and Railing Screws questions

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.