dimanche 26 avril 2015

How to repair clogged chemical injector in power washer?

I have a newish Homelite 2700 PSI. I noticed last fall that it was not drawing bleach/chemical. I tried it again this morning, to no avail. Here is what I did and saw so far:

1- Removed and cleaned the ball valve - it was completely caked in soap. I took it completely apart, removing ball, O-ring and spring. No change and no effect. This repair is the only one that I could find on YouTube.
2- I removed the pump from the engine.
3- I looked into the injector hole (where the ball valve screws into). It was also caked with soap. I ground out the gunk for a while until I could begin to see the hole (2 mm in diameter). I kept chipping away until I encountered white plastic.
4- At this stage, when I try to blow through the injector port, no air gets through.
5- I tried to pulled out the plastic insert by removing the hose attachment fitting. I can see the plastic piece but it would not budge and I am not sure how to pull it out. It looks find of fragile.

I conclude that the channel between the injector hole and the main water channel is blocked. However, I can't figure out how to remove the blockage. Should I use solvents? What solvent? I tried water and acetic acid but it did not look like it was doing much. I don't want to buy a new pump if possible

Thanks in advance!

Name: IMG_20150426_163345.jpg Views: 3 Size: 30.0 KB
Injector port
Name: IMG_20150426_163335.jpg Views: 3 Size: 28.8 KB
View of the inside of the high pressure line. The plastic is visible in white.
Attached Images
  
How to repair clogged chemical injector in power washer?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.