dimanche 26 avril 2015

Need Help Connecting Honeywell Wifi Thermostat to VR800 gas Valve ICG Furnace

I am facing problems connecting my new Honeywell WiFi thermostat RTH9580 with my ICG Furnace which has Honeywell VR800 gas valve. My old Thermostat was White Rodgers analogue with two wires (white and black) connected to the Gas Valve as shown in the diagram. The Greeen and Red wires were connected to G and R in Furnace. The orange wire which was connected to Y in White Rodgers thermostat was connected to White wire coming from AC unit.

I am attaching the previous wiring diagram and thermostat connections alongwith.
Name: Old Thermostat Connection.jpg Views: 20 Size: 28.9 KBName: Old Thermostat Wiring.jpg Views: 17 Size: 34.0 KB

When I bought the new wifi thermostat, I called an electrician to get it installed . The electrician connected the black wire from thermostat to the C-terminal and told me that I don't need to connect it to the Gas valve in furnace as the white wire was already connceted to the Furnace Gas Valve. The Red wire was connected to R, Green in G, Orange in Y and White in W2/Aux in wifi theromostat. The picture of recent wire connecion at furnace side is attached alongwith.
Name: IMG_5042.jpg Views: 18 Size: 29.8 KBName: IMG_5043.jpg Views: 17 Size: 30.3 KBName: IMG_5055.jpg Views: 18 Size: 20.9 KB

Now, after I started the new wifi thermostat, the heat was not coming on.
I spent many hours to figure out what is the problem but could not resolve the issue.
Ultimately, I had no choice but to disconnect the new one and reinstall the old one with previous wire connection and the heating was working fine.

I would highly appreciate if someone can help me out with this issue.
Attached Images
     
Need Help Connecting Honeywell Wifi Thermostat to VR800 gas Valve ICG Furnace

2 commentaires:

  1. acing problems connecting my new Honeywell WiFi thermostat RTH9580 with my ICG Furnace which has Honeywell VR800 gas valve. My old Thermostat ... hwthermostat.blogspot.com

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. acing problems connecting my new Honeywell WiFi thermostat RTH9580 with my ICG Furnace which has Honeywell VR800 gas valve. My old Thermostat ... fthermostat.blogspot.com

    RépondreSupprimer

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.