mardi 28 avril 2015

Kitchen Insulation To foam, or not to foam

I had a HUGE draft in this kitchen. I tore the walls out to find...empty cavities across a third of the wall, and 1" fiberglass among the rest of the walls, no wonder I had a draft.

Anyways, see below. The old siding was 1x12. LOTS of gaps for air to move.

http://ift.tt/1bc8rl2

I have been arguing with my self, spray foam vs rock wool. Spray foam is about 4x the price, but I am willing to pay it if it'll make THAT much of a difference.

If I do go the rock wool route, it doesn't have a vapor barrier on it. I have read so much conflicting information on adding a vapor barrier vs not adding one.

Also if I go rock wool, should I seal every single joint I see in the wood? If so, with what? I think the joints are a little excessive to be using gaps and cracks foam for everything.

Thoughts?
Kitchen Insulation To foam, or not to foam

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.