dimanche 26 avril 2015

Putting in Bigger Basement Window/Outside Window Well - General Questions

Hi Guys,

I am getting ready to have a crack fixed in my foundation and to add a bigger window so that I can have a legal bedroom in my basement. I will have to add a window well, and I know nothing about this, so I'm looking for advice.

I am going to need to put drain in the window well, but I dug down to the footing yesterday and did not see a french drain. Am I supposed to add a french drain pipe (the one with the holes in it) to the window well and just direct it under the footing?

Also, my house is built on clay. I was told I shouldn't fill the hole back up with the clay I took out of it and use sand instead. The issue I see with this is that if the rest of the soil around the house is clay, and I fill the hole I made around the window with sand or something that drains better, I will end up creating a place for ALL the water to drain to, which I worry would lead to problems.

Any advice will be much appreciated. I posted a similar post in the waterproofing section about 3 days ago and got no answers.

Thanks
Nic
Putting in Bigger Basement Window/Outside Window Well - General Questions

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.