mardi 28 avril 2015

Solar Power, Battery Backup and Power Inverter for an Apartment

Greetings:

I live in an apartment; I am constantly thinking about a natural or man-made disaster that may knockout the electrical power for an undetermined amount of time. I am a novice and I was wondering if the Harbor Freight type 45 watt solar panels, a 1500-watt power inverter and battery/batteries (or other affordable solar items) would be worth investing in.

My main concerning is keeping power to my refrigerator on. The refrigerator’s rating off the data plate is 100 volts at 50 Hz, 100-127 volts at 60 Hz and 6.5 amps. Using 120 volts and 6.5 amps equals 780 watts. Currently with the setting at half way, the refrigerator runs about 20-25 minutes and is off about 40-50 minutes before running again.

With no electrical power, I would turn the setting higher (as in the temperature) to conserve battery power. I’m not too concerned about lights (drawing attention), maybe some TV (.92 amps) for news.
If I did my calculations right the refrigerator would run a total of over 7 to7.5 hours a day.

I receive the sun’s rays most of the day and less during the winter months.

My questions are:

-Will a deep cycle battery holdout? Or, will it be drained within a day?
-Are there any middle of the road alternatives?
-Is it worth investing in a makeshift solar system?
-Are the Harbor Freight items worth investing in? Or, Fry’s Electronic items (Wagan, Rhino or Sunforce)?
-If the above products aren’t reliable, what products are reliable?


Thanks,
KingPurplePimp
Solar Power, Battery Backup and Power Inverter for an Apartment

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.