jeudi 12 mars 2015

2001 Buick LeSabre - Transmission question and advice requested

Hi all,

Since getting my old Buick back on the road with a new Mass Air Flow sensor, I started to notice that when on the highway when my speed drops below 60mph, I feel the transmission dropping out of Overdrive into Drive. There's a slight delay when I apply a little more gas then it kicks right back in...

Does anyone know if this is serious or foretells some future transmission repairs and, what if anything can be done to remedy the problem?

The car has over 170K miles and I've been good about changing the Tranny filter/fluid every 60K-70K since I've owned it @30K miles. In fact, I changed it last August.



Part of the reason I ask, is that on one of the forum posts here recently, someone indicated that there are 'solenoid valves' or something that are the cause of problems like this & slipping that are a lot cheaper to replace than a full tranny rebuild and is worthwhile to try...



The Transmission is a GM 4T-60E (I'm pretty sure of the numbers & letter of the model). And I did add a 12oz shot of LubeGard, which I researched as something that wouldn't cause problems as some other reported 'Transmission fix in a bottle' do, or void the warranty but might help with slipping.

thanks,

greynold99

2001 Buick LeSabre - Transmission question and advice requested

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.