lundi 9 mars 2015

Switched Outlet Problems

I mixed up the wiring (evidently) when I replaced the outlet. The way I have it wired right now allows me to plug in a light in the lower outlet. The upper one, which should be switched, is not working. Wiring is as follows:



Left side of outlet: two white wires upper connection, one white wire on lower connection



Right side of outlet (brass): one red and one black wire on upper connection, two black wires on lower connection. Tab broken.swapping



I tried swapping wires randomly and it didn't work out well at all--sparks, tripped circuit breakers, etc.



Any Sherlock Holmes out there who can figure out the way this should look?



Thanks.

Switched Outlet Problems

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.