samedi 11 avril 2015

Calculating BTU requirement with heat sources

I have an apartment that is around 34 metres squared for the main hallway, bathroom and living room. However, I am unsure whether I should take into account the bedroom as well. I can leave the bedroom door closed during the summer, but then can't I expect at least some, or quite a bit of heat to escape from the room through the door? The air conditioner would then be working harder for that if it does.



The second thing is the building I live in has a heating system that uses oil and is always hot. This means the service cupboard in my apartment gets very warm as there is always heat radiating from the main hot water / heating unit - and I can't turn that off. The maintenance guys have told me it is a very warm building because it was not built with ventilation for the pipework.



So how can I calculate how much extra BTU I will need for these sources of heat? The hallway, bathroom, and front room are about 34 meters squared. If I include the bedroom it goes to 47 meters.



By the way I will need to get a portable air conditioner. I already have a 9,000btu which is ideal for the bedroom size, but struggles anywhere else.

Calculating BTU requirement with heat sources

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.