samedi 11 avril 2015

How to 'sleeve' sewer line through foundation wall

I'm asking questions for a change!



The cast iron is rusted out where it enters the foundation wall. I've got it temporarily patched up.







I understand that to bring this 60 year old home up to code that I need to 'sleeve' the pipe where it passes through.



So I need to bust out the old pipe, get a piece of 6" PVC, make the hole bigger, and grout it in with hydraulic cement.



OK so far...



But what to seal the annular space between the 4" and the 6" ? I don't think 'Great Stuff' would be the greatest for this... or would it?



Polyurea caulk? (won't that 'attack' the PVC?)



A 6" to 4" Fernco boot around the outside? (this is the direction I'm leaning... is it the best choice?)



OR, should I just say hellwithit and put the 4" PVC in and hydraulic cement around that?



Here's two more pics of the pipe in the crawlspace. There's already 4" PVC tee cut in for the newer bath upstairs, so I can just knock out the whole length of CI and go PVC all the way out.











The BIGGER PROBLEM though is this:



The PVC from the newer septic tank is pretty misaligned with the old pipe. Not only horizontally, but also vertically. That CI 45 ell is actually turned DOWN a few degrees. I'm afraid I'm going to have to trench the line to the septic (not too bad, only about ten feet, and about two feet deep) in order to line up the pipes.



Anybody have any other ideas? I don't wanna dig if I don't have to!




How to 'sleeve' sewer line through foundation wall

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.