mercredi 25 février 2015

Does water pipe insurance cover my situation?

I live in a town where I am responsible for the water line from the street to my house.



I have a house built in 1920 and I am just about to have 40 feet of galvanized pipe INSIDE the basement replaced, that is from the point in which the water pipe enters the basement to the water heater and some more. Seems simple enough, right?



The plumber gave an estimate to do the work but advised that since he would be cutting the galvanized pipe coming in from the street at the entry point into my house, just in case that feed pipe is corroded, it might rupture or something once he cut it to start the process of replacing the inside galvanized pipe. So he recommended getting water pipe insurance first.



I ordered the water pipe insurance forms and read them. They have a 30 day wait period after signing before the insurance kicks in. But more troubling is that they say if the water pipe problem is caused by actions of the owner or a contractor, the insurance is void.



So when the plumber cuts the corroded water pipe just inside the basement and there is a problem with the pipe from that point to the street, am I still covered? If not, why would an experienced plumber in a town with lots of very old pipe recommend getting water pipe insurance before he started working in my basement if such a situation would not be covered?



I'd appreciate any guidance on this....



Best,



Dave

Does water pipe insurance cover my situation?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.