mercredi 25 février 2015

Underperforming 19 year old water heater

State Water Heater PRV 40 NODS 970, 40 gallon, 36k BTU, gas.

Thermostat set on hottest mark "very hot" (after "c")



output to kitchen after running for 5 minutes = 135 degrees. (wouldn't you think it would be hotter?)



I have no idea whether the tank has had any maintenance whatsoever, no clue as to sediment, etc. I plan to drain and check sediment asap.



Is there anything I can do or check to see if I can get this heater to perfom better? Between the kids/spouse/myself, we sometimes need to take 3 or even 4 sequential showers, and the current situation is very limiting.



Some things I've thought about doing (please comment):



Check/Replace DipStick and/or anode

Adding a small electric tankless heater to pre-heat the cold water (13kw, 4 gpm)



That's about all I came up with.



Any other Ideas are absolutely welcome.



Lenny

Underperforming 19 year old water heater

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.