mardi 24 février 2015

Tecumseh 5.5 hp: won't restart unless primed

I picked up a Craftsman lawnmower with a Tecumseh 5.5 HP engine. I went through the carb (part no. 640174) just to clean it and everything looked pretty good...I didn't replace any parts, yet.



I got it running, but found that I have to prime it on every start/restart. I've read some people say this is normal, but every lawnmower I've used you are able to restart it without priming.



I mainly just have a general question about these small engine carbs. In order for the engine to restart without priming, the gas has to remain in the emulsion tube and not run back into the bowl (correct?)...but how is this possible if air can get into the bowl from the primer bulb? (i.e. the bowl is not airtight so gas can flow back into the bowl).

Tecumseh 5.5 hp: won't restart unless primed

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.