mercredi 25 février 2015

Replace hardwired garbage disposal with corded

My garbage disposal's housing started leaking so I bought a new one. The old garbage disposal was hardwired and the new one is corded. I bought a GCFI receptacle and PVC box. Attached the romex coming out of the wall (white, black, ground) to the receptacle, plugged in the new disposal, nothing.



I used a circuit tester (two leads and a light) and confirmed that the romex coming out of the wall is hot, but only when the GC switch is on. The tester did not light when I used it on the attached receptacle.



Did I get a bum receptacle or am I missing something?

Replace hardwired garbage disposal with corded

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.