vendredi 27 février 2015

What might cause this? Diff voltages between H,G, N

Replacing some smokes and just verifying what was hot (Yeah, I know, but not a single breaker is labeled and it would have taken me an hour just to find the right one. I undid and reconnected one wire at a time with the wires well separated out of the box.), but the readings kinda confused me. Hot to ground...97.4V. I thought, that can't be right. Different meter, same. Hot to neutral...120.3V, just fine.



What would cause that? Any other time I've measured hot to ground anywhere, it was the same as hot to neutral.



If you remember a prior post, where I said the place was wired by monkeys? I gave them too much credit. House wiring was stripped probably 1 1/4" in all the wirenutted connections. Smoke mounting plates held on with sheetrock screws to the box. Sheetrock screws!!!

What might cause this? Diff voltages between H,G, N

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.