dimanche 22 février 2015

Where foam board on concrete walls meets insulated subfloor panels

My first posting! Thanks in advance to such a knowledgeable group.



I'm planning on covering the basement concrete walls with 2" rigid foam board (for insulation and vapor properties). I'm also planning on installing Tyroc or DRIcore insulated subfloor panels, before framing any interior walls on top of the panels.



My question is... should I install the foam board on the walls first tightly from ceiling joist to concrete slab and THEN install the subfloor panels? Or vice versa? My gut tells me the to put the subfloor down second because I think there needs to be a 1/4" gap for ventilation, which would make the gap between the subfloor and the wall board.



Can anyone please confirm if I'm thinking about this the right way? And in general do you have any thoughts to share on where insulated walls meet insulated floors?

Where foam board on concrete walls meets insulated subfloor panels

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.