lundi 23 février 2015

Evaporator / water pad recommendations

Hi everyone,



I have an Aprilaire 500 humidifier installed in my home (2000 sq.ft.). I've noticed the humidity level is very low. A hygrometer is showing 28-29% RH, and the manual humidistat is at the maximum setting of 45%. My neighbour has the exact same house layout, he doesn't even have a humidifier and his house is also 28-29%, so it looks like my humidifier isn't working properly.



If I reduce the humidistat setting, it will eventually 'click' and the solenoid will turn off.... So under normal circumstances the humidistat doesn't think the house has reached the desired humidity.



When the heat is on, I can see water flowing, and the humidifier seems to be operating correctly. The solenoid is connected to the hot water supply. Outside temperature has been -10 to -20 C over the last few weeks. I'm in Ontario.



Anyway, I'm wondering if the water pad brand has any effect. I bought some Best Air Pro water pads, which look and feel like the Aprilaire originals, but I'm not sure if they're doing the job.



What is everyone's experience with these? Is it better to buy the authentic ones from Aprilaire, or should I focus my attention to something else that could be the problem?



The only other thing I haven't tried is connecting the solenoid to the fan (EAC) terminals via a transformer, in order to get the humidifier to run longer. It's currently connected to HUM, and the furnace runs for 10 mins or so at a time.



Thanks!

Evaporator / water pad recommendations

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.