lundi 23 février 2015

Strange operation of gas WH

Have a Rheem 21V40-7 made in 06/99 in this rental. It's in the garage which stays 60 degrees or higher. Even with no water usage I occasionally hear the burner kick on and run for a few minutes. It does this several times a day. I've checked the meter and there's no movement of the little triangle so no leaks.



There's a line on the label that says R 6.7...I'm guessing that's the insulation around the tank?



My AO Smith WH in my last place was in the laundry room in a closet and I never heard it kick on unless water was used. That area was prob 70 degrees, but the unit was built in 1990 (yes, it's that old and still working fine). I don't know the model or R value.



I know they are unnecessary on most newer units, but do you think a blanket might help? I hate just heating water multiple times just to let it sit all day. Maybe I should just turn it way down, and then turn it back up to normal 15 min before I need to shower?



Thanks

Strange operation of gas WH

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.