lundi 23 février 2015

zone valve motor constantly running

Hello,



Appreciate any assistance with this one. Noticed one of my zones was not kicking on heat. So far my troubleshooting / learning in the past 24 hours has lead me to the motor/valve.



When the tstat kicks on, the motor gets 25v and keeps spinning. The end switch appears to be working OK as the heat kicks on when the switch is pressed.



What I think originally happened, the unknown has failed. The motor spun and jammed the valve open and it was stuck open. After removing the motor I was able to get the valve to freely open/close, and the motor seems to spin ok now so all that seems well.



Question-what would cause the motor to keep spinning? Is there a switch in the valve that tells it to stop the motor? Should it stop when it feels resistance? Should I replace the motor or will I likely need to replace the valve? How can I further troubleshoot?



It looks to be a pretty standard setup. New to the home though so not sure on the history of any parts. Its a honeywell motor with 2 wires coming off of it, 4 wires on top that are all connected in parallel to the other zones.

zone valve motor constantly running

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.