jeudi 28 mai 2015

Bracing for a free-standing, pergola style patio roof structure.

On a 4-post, free-standing, pergola style patio cover roof, I am wondering if there is an alternative to using those big knee braces. The cover I am planning is a little lower than some, and I'd like to avoid the knee braces if possible for aesthetic and practical reasons.

I can go with heavier timbers, maybe 8x8 posts and 8x10 beams.

How about a pair of the Simpson HL Heavy Angles with Optional Gussets on each post - HL76PC:
HL Heavy Angles with Optional Gussets
Name: Simpson_HL76PC.jpg Views: 0 Size: 17.4 KB

And a pair of Simpson HLPC/HTPC Beam to Column Ties on each post as well - 1616HTPC?
HLPC/HTPC Beam to Column Ties
Name: Simpson_1616HTPC.gif Views: 0 Size: 18.4 KB
Attached Images
  
Bracing for a free-standing, pergola style patio roof structure.

1 commentaire:

  1. Hey there, I'm facing the exact problem here. For practical and aesthetic reasons I would like to avoid knee braces. I just installed my large (7mx3.5m, with 6 posts) pergola yesterday but it's really shaky without some kind of joint reinforcement. I was looking into these T and L braces and was wondering if they do the job. I'd be thrilled to hear how your project went.

    RépondreSupprimer

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.