mardi 26 mai 2015

proper header size when removing studs on load-bearing wall

I want to remove studs on a load bearing wall on my 2nd floor so I can extend a closet into this area. The roof rafters rest directly on the top plate of this wall. This wall sits directly on top of a wall on the 1st floor. I found a table that shows for interior load bearing walls with this span (37"), I need 2 2x6's, and they can be attached using header hangers to the king studs. Am I applying this table correctly? Should I be more conservative and install jack studs?

Name: closet wall diagram.jpg Views: 3 Size: 34.5 KB
Name: closet wall picture.jpg Views: 3 Size: 41.9 KB
Attached Images
  
proper header size when removing studs on load-bearing wall

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.