mercredi 27 mai 2015

Help with basement wiring Dilemma

Hello,

I have a staircase to the basement with a 3 way at the top and a 3 way at the bottom that controls a can light at the bottom of the stairs. There is also a single gang switch in this 2 gang box at the bottom of the stairs that controls can lights in the room. I needed to add another 3 way for the other room in the basement. I took pictures of the wiring when I pulled out the 3 way and single gang switches from the 2 gang box. I then disconnected the wires from the switches. Next I took out the 2 gang box and added a 3 gang. I then added the 3 way for the other room and that is working fine. I now needed to rewire the 3 way for the hall light and the single pole for the can lights. And that's where the problem comes in. The pictures are not on my phone and now I'm stuck. I have 14-3 wire coming into the box from the upstairs 3 way switch and 14-2 wire coming into the box from the light at the bottom of the stairs. I then have 14-3 wiring coming into the box from the can lights (power from the fixture) with the red wire being the hot wire. I drew a diagram of this also but the site isn't allowing me to upload anything. It just spins indefinitely on the progress bar for the file upload manager. Any chance you can tell me how I need to hook this back up. Thanks in advance.
Help with basement wiring Dilemma

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.