mardi 26 mai 2015

Convert front porch into an interior mudroom/proper entryway to house

Please take a look at my FRONT porch. Very little appeal here, so I am planning on extending the interior space to include the front porch area - and make it a proper mudroom/entry way.

I can't get pics to show here - so look at my other forum post here - http://ift.tt/1KyFcse

I plan to keep the entire roof structure - and rebuild/reframe the exterior walls bellow it. I am a formidable DIY'er. I did recently just finish a completely unfinished basement.

I need help determining if i have the correct/plan approach to the project.

Here is my plan:

1.Support roof structure and remove exterior walls.
2.Since the floors need to be raised and leveled to match interior space - I plan to remove entire floor joists.
3.Build a new exterior foundation (there is no basement and house has crawlspace under it). Use foundation cinder block to build this out.
4.create hole in foundation to allow hvac/electrical
5.Once foundation is set - reframe floor joists and exterior walls.
6.After exterior is framed - demo and remove interior wall that is currently holding the front door. If you see my picture - you will see a small added on closet. That will all be removed to open the wall completely to the old porch space.
7.Now just insulate and finish as necessary.
Convert front porch into an interior mudroom/proper entryway to house

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.