jeudi 28 mai 2015

Carrier A/C unit not staying on

Hello,

I have a 4 ton Carrier unit that is over 20 years old. Besides obviously replacing it because of its age, I was wondering why its doing what its doing...

The a/c is blowing through the vents but not very cold. I look at the unit outside and the unit turns on for about 15 seconds and then shut off. It repeats this periodically. I replaced the filter but it did not help. Someone told me the compressor must be burned out since an A/C that old doesn't have low/high pressure sensors.

Also im in NJ. One repairman told me $3800 for Rheem and $4000 for a Carrier (4 ton each). That seems cheap. Should I be concerned?

What are your thoughts on the cause of the problem and solution?
Carrier A/C unit not staying on

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.