jeudi 28 mai 2015

Weird Water Heater Issue

OK, so this is gonna sound weird...

My water heater won't start unless I run the furnace for a bit. I can hold it down to pilot light, let it run, hit the starter (I see spark), but nothing... unless I go upstairs, turn on the furnace by setting the temperature up a few degrees, wait until the burners kick on, then turn it back down. If I go back and try the water heater, it'll light right up. (This is a common-enough issue that I'm pretty certain at this point.)

I assume that it might be a bad thermocouple simply because that's such a common cause of the pilot light going out, but it seems really weird to me that I have to run the furnace for a bit to get it to light. Additionally, the furnace blower turns on for a little while but the burners don't actually light for about 20-30 seconds. Is this normal? Do I have a bad gas line coming in that's not pushing gas until I create negative pressure with the furnace?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
-Jason
Weird Water Heater Issue

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.