jeudi 28 mai 2015

DIM (Do-it-myself) Tree Removal

I have about a 40' tree in my backyard that I'd like to remove. Being the DIM kind of person, I'd like to save some money and cut it down myself. My main concern is that the tree is leaning towards my deck and house. However, there is plenty of room for the tree to fall elsewhere. Problem is getting it to fall in the direction I want. I was thinking of securing a chain about half way up the tree and attaching the other end to a much more substantial tree about 30' behind it and to the right. That way when it falls, it will be diverted away from the house. Am I foolish for attempting this myself? I really don't want to pay upwards of $1,000 to have it removed and other than the deck, there isn't anything else within 50 feet of the tree. Seems like if I tie a chain to the opposite side towards which it is leaning and make my cut on the side where I generally want it to fall, that I should be okay. I realize things don't always go as planned though. If I decide to DIM, I'll be sure to get it on tape :D
DIM (Do-it-myself) Tree Removal

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.