mercredi 27 mai 2015

SPA GFCI Troubleshooting

Hello,

New here but I'm having an issue with my spa. Hoping someone here can help to determine if my issue is electrical or spa related.

Spa model - Weslo Daybreak 515
50amp double pole at main panel
50amp GFCI Breaker at sub panel near spa

The wiring is done as follows:
4 wire system (red,black,white,unsheathed)
Red and Black from house are wired into the bus, unsheathed from house is in ground bar, neutral from house is connected via wire nut to the white "pig tail" from the breaker.

Red Black and White from Spa are wired into the GFCI terminials with the ground headed to the ground bar.

The Issue:

Outdoor GFCI trips instantly. I disconnected the pump, light, control buttons, and unscrewed the heater from the circuit board - Still trips instantly.

I disconnected the black white and red wires from the circuit board and the breaker held - no trip.

I had a Spa guy come out here and try to rip me off but one curious thing he told me is that the 50 amp double pole at the main panel was running on one leg - not putting any voltage out of the left side (bottom side when connected to the panel) I think he lied to me but I don't have a volt meter to verify. I figured an issue like that would trip at the main breaker.

What I need to know:
1. If the main panel breaker was running on one leg, would it allow power to pass through the breaker outside and reach all the way to the tub?
2. Is it possible for the GFCI to trip as a result of the 120v components of the tub kicking on?
3. Is my issue the spa circuit board? (no visible damage)

My home warranty company told me to find my own vendor to take a look but it seems no local places will service this model. Up to me to get it living again.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
SPA GFCI Troubleshooting

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.