jeudi 28 mai 2015

Weather proof a box on a wall with flashing

I have built an outdoor sauna for a friend out of materials he collected from renovation projects over the years. The thermostat he had on hand was an interior unit and it has been mounted on the exterior back of the building.

I had in mind that I would build a box to fit over it and weather proof it. I first thought I would seal it with silicone (and probably still will in some places) but noticed he also has a bunch of aluminium flashing lying around. So, if you have a wooden wall, with a box lets say 8"x10"x5" fixed to it, what is common practice as far as flashing it goes?

I'll attach an image in case it helps. The whole thing is made out of 2x6 tongue and groove planks i.e. no weather siding if the solution involved that.
This is probably a very obvious question. As handy as I am I have never used flashing in my life! Thanks in advance
Josh

Name: Sauna.jpg Views: 0 Size: 50.2 KB
Attached Images
 
Weather proof a box on a wall with flashing

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.