vendredi 20 février 2015

Well pump not working properly

Hello all,



This is my first post here because I have a problem with my well pump.



We bought this house about 2.5 years ago and hadn't had a problem with it before. The well is about 37 feet deep (from what I recall on the documents). I'm not sure about the pump but I believe it is a jet pump that is inside the house and has been drywalled over. The main line runs about 20 ft. from the pump to the pressure tank which is a 26 gal. Water Worker model that was installed in Oct. 2011. After the tank is a filtration system. There is a shutoff before and after the pressure tank. The switch is set for 40/60 and the air pressure in the tank is 38psi.



The problem started about a month ago when I was losing pressure in my main water line and the pump was cycling on every five minutes. I installed a check valve in the line that lead from the pump to the pressure tank and it solved the problem.



About a week ago I started to get an intensely obnoxious water hammer in the main line whenever the pump would shut off. I was getting ready to install a water hammer arrestor in the line right before the check valve when my current issue popped up.



Now my pump runs constantly and can't reach the 62 psi it used to shut off at. I have been shutting it off at the breaker whenever we don't need water but it seems to be getting worse. I should note that we still have water in the house.



The pressure does not drop either, it just can't reach the shut off point. Any ideas? Do you think I need a new pump as it could have been burned out?



Oh, and the last time I changed my filter (yesterday) there was a lot of sediment in the bottom. Much more than I've ever seen before. I closed and opened the valve several times to blast as much as I could out of there and I did get some more (did it three or four times).



Maybe my well is getting low? We were planning on selling this house and didn't want to have to do any more costly repairs before the sale. Thanks in advance.



Trevor



Forgot to add, the well pump is probably 23 years old. That's when the house was built.

Well pump not working properly

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.