samedi 21 février 2015

heat pump not starting all the time

I have a Rheem RPQL heat pump that is about 3 years old. So far this winter I have had lots of problems with it. It was icing up and the sensor and main board was replaced. Still iced up and some gas was added and it seemed Ok then.



Now at times the pump won’t start but the aux heat comes on. When this has happened I go out and check the codes and get L21 which seems to be a low pressure control and something about three times same thermostat call. I turn of the unit at the thermostat and open the breaker; wait about 5 minutes turn breaker back on and the set thermostat to heat. This seems to rest thing and it works for a while and then it happens again.



This has been happening when it has been very cold, with high temps in the teens and about 0 at night. But when I reset everything the pump does start and run sometimes with and sometimes without aux heat. I do notice that when I turn the heat back on after rest that the “heat on” indictor on the thermostat blinks for quite a while before the pump starts.



I am wondering if this is normal for the kinds of temps I’m having now or if something is wrong? I have a tech scheduled for Monday but would like to have any insight you might have before he comes.



Thanks in advance

heat pump not starting all the time

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.