samedi 21 février 2015

Should repair guy actually test parts, or just switch stuff out?

Regarding my Rheem Criterion Furnace (1994), my question is what should I be expecting from the furnace repair guy.



What's happening is on start-up, the draft blower starts, the burners ignite and then the circulation blower starts. However, half the time, the furnace stops about 10 seconds after the circulation blower.



With some reading I gave the flame sensor a good scrub with steel wool -- no change. So I called repair guy who said it was either the flame sensor or the control board, so he replaced the flame sensor ($30 part, $110 for the call). It worked fine for the few test starts while he was here, but sure enough, it continues to misbehave. I expect if I call him them back, they'll suggest changing out the control board.



What surprises me is there is no testing of components -- just change stuff until the problem stops. I'm wondering if there is a sensor/switch that is flaky and is not sensing that the blower is running, and therefore shuts the furnace down.



Should I be expecting someone to actually test components, or just switch out parts based on best guess?



Thanks.

Should repair guy actually test parts, or just switch stuff out?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.