mardi 31 mars 2015

Briggs and Stratton 190CC 725EX Help

I have a Troy-Bilt TB230 self-propelled push lawn mower with a Briggs and Stratton 190cc 725EX series engine without a primer bulb. I have had the law mower for about two seasons and have not had any issues before now. I finally decided to give it a go this season with the weather warming up. The tank was empty, so I filled it with fresh gas, topped off the oil, and tried to start it with no luck. I did a little research and have since replaced the spark plug, air filter, and carburetor (it was a fiasco in and of itself trying to figure out the appropriate part number for the carburetor). After replacing the carburetor, the engine will turn over and idle at a really low RPM (far more than it was doing before) for about a minute before turning off. While this is happening, the self-propelled mechanism will just barely creep the lawnmower along if you depress the lever. I've since tried inspecting the brand new spark plug again and it appears to be flooded with oil and gasoline. At this point, I'm out of ideas. I'm not very experienced with small engine maintenance and I'm really not sure where to go from here...



Any suggestions are much appreciated...

Briggs and Stratton 190CC 725EX Help

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.