mardi 31 mars 2015

Heat randomly stays on in one zone

Hi all,



I have a 3 zone hot water baseboard heating system and for the past year, the heat in the top floor would sometimes stay on. Once this happened, I usually could get it to turn off by manually turning the heat up past the current temp and then turning it off again. This happened about once a week so it didn't seem to be a big deal.



Yesterday, the heat was on again so I tried turning it on+off but nothing happened after I did it several times. I finally went down and purged the zone and things seemed to be okay. Then at 5am this morning I woke up to a boiling bedroom and tried turning it on+off several times and nothing happened. In frustration at having been woken up I shook the thermostat and hit it with my palm and tried turning it on+off again and lo and behold that did the trick and the baseboards cooled down.



I have replaced the thermostat two weeks ago so it's not the thermostat. I do hear a click at the thermostat whenever it calls for and turns off the heat. I have circulator pumps so I don't think a zone valve is getting stuck. Now I suspect the wiring as it's the only thing that makes sense after it 'worked' when I jiggled and slapped the thermostat.



What could be going on and what can I do to fix it? Thanks!

Heat randomly stays on in one zone

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.