samedi 28 mars 2015

Help! Well not pumping. Wife not happy!

I have an 85 foot well with water at 18 feet and a submersible pump at 40' with a 4" inch pvc casing. My motor is a 1 hp and I had an 18 gpm Goulds pump. One morning we had no water. Checked everything up top and fine. Could hear the motor running so pulled the pump and motor to take a look. Had some iron bacteria buildup on intake screens so cleaned all that. Motor shaft was turning when tested so sent pump and motor back down for a test. No water. Pulled pump and motor back out and separated pump from motor. Powered the motor and she seemed to run fine. Shaft turned and she purred nicely. Couldn't seem to take pump apart to check but decided the pump must be bad. Ordered another one. Installed today. Fired her up. No water!



Ok. I admit. I didn't read the manual. But I'm thinking it should have worked. Could it be that the motor is indeed bad? There is a backflow preventer near the top just under the seal. Possible that the backflow is stuck closed somehow and my original pump wasn't the problem? Didn't check the pipe. Could it be clogged with iron buildup? Flow had been a bit on the weak side.



Feeling like and idiot and I think my wife agrees.



Any suggestions for what to check?

Help! Well not pumping. Wife not happy!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.