samedi 28 mars 2015

Toilet Bowl leak - loosing my mind

I have a powder room toilet which worked fine for 5 years. New contractor install 5 years ago. Then one day we noticed it was leaking from under the bowl.



I replaced the wax ring with one which has the 'funnel' built into it. It was fine for 3 or 4 days, then I see it leaking again.



Next changed the wax ring to one of these fancy 10 dollar rings. Again, ok for about a week, then we see it leaking. No wetness from the supply line or from the tank. Its clearly leaking from underneath. Floor is wet, but nothing above.



So now, I assume the toilet got some kind of microscopic crack. Replaced the whole toilet.



Used a plain wax ring, no funnel, extra thick. No leaks for 3 months, now today its leaking again.



What is going on???? I can accept that the first time I changed the ring, maybe I didn't do it right, but if it was poor installation I would expect to see water within a day, not completely dry for months, then a leak. And the 10 dollar ring was really a no brainer, it was nearly impossible to install that one wrong.



What am I missing? This doesn't seem like rocket science.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Toilet Bowl leak - loosing my mind

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.