mercredi 25 mars 2015

Roofing

Hey all,

I roofed my house some 23 yrs ago took me 7days in June to rip off gravel and shingle, and that was 6am to 1130am due to heat went back up about 530 or so till just before dark. ThIs included raking up the gravel I shoveled off and taking to dump. I was about 33 yrs old now I'm 56 tender back, weak knee from surgery. I'm willing to take my time and go slow. I cost everything out and comes to about 900.00 not including any deck issues or rental. I have noticed that this house was built in the 60's they used really thin plywood(spongy)and spacing, it's not due to any water damage. I wanna say they used 3/8's





and now it's looking like its time. I am planning to sell this house, I have to leave town on 16th April for a day, which gives me about little over two wks. I might wait till I get back and hoping we dont get the heat wave.



I know this is silly question But more importantly I would like to know what I didn't pay any atten to the 1st time is those lines on the tar paper. I need someone to explain the lines and how they relate to the measurements of applying shingles. Or is it jusT for overlapping measures

The other question best way to get shingles up on the roof. I was thinking just get someone from craigslist a couple hrs to hoist them for 50.00 reliability? Providing the rental isn't more expensive. The other this is my truck was stolen 2 days before Xmas and I have no truck now.. I have two wonderful neighbors they would lend me their trucks one like a brother, the other like a father, this might be what I have to to do although I hate leaning on them.



Single story 4/12 pitch

Ground to roof is 8ft 5"

28 bundles

4 rolls tar paper

Box nails

Maybe a sheet or two just in case is there is any water damage



So I appreciate everyone's thought process and tips



Thanks

Gary

Roofing

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.