mardi 31 mars 2015

Water in the garage :(

Hi all,



I have been in my house a little over a year... this is my second winter. No issues first year (at least that I noticed!).. This year, I got some water in the garage



I got a free visit from a landscape architect. He recommended:


  1. regrading the soil behind the garage so it slopes away (right now, it slopes TO the garage--we think due to settling after the previous owner had a swimming pool filled in.

  2. adding a dry well (actually, based on a landscaper quote, adding TWO? drywells?) and running the downspouts to the dry well






I had the landscaper this architect recommended (the job was too small for the architect to oversee) come out. He gave me a quote of almost $5,000!! I expected half this amount. I have seen videos of how to install a drywell--maybe the regrading is the pricey part?



Anyway, my question is this: how 'hard' is regrading? What are the steps involved? The area in question is maybe 25'x50'...



Wondering if I can do this myself... Do I need to rent anything?



Any advice most appreciated!

Water in the garage :(

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.