vendredi 27 mars 2015

Strengthen Garage ceiling

Strengthen Garage ceiling

Hello my house was built in 1965 or so has a garage which is attached. I was planning on installing some ceiling storage with two 4'x8' safe racks. I realized that my garage does not have ceiling joist which is needed to mount the brackets of the racks. Instead it has rafter ties which are spaced out at 48' oc. I do not belive that these rafter ties would not be able to support the racks and the weight they would carry at least the way are at the moment. So I did some research and found that my one opton would be to add additional rafter ties every 8-16" to strengthen the ceiling which does not out any additional weight upon the ceiling and allow me to install the safe racks. Just wanted to get some input on if this would be correct and opinions on this. Also if I did add the rafter ties would I be nailing them to the rafters? Or the headers?

Strengthen Garage ceiling

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.