mardi 31 mars 2015

HVAC system help

Kinda long, but could really use some help!!



A couple of weeks ago out nest thermostat read, "e24, no power from Rh". We got our nest last summer and has worked both heating and cooling. Suddenly, and perhaps more that coincidentally, it stopped working when we changed it from heat to cool.



I have a 1989 Lennox G12 gas furnace. It doesn't have a circuit board, but more a terminal with R W Y G T terminals. R W and G have 1 wire each input. Y has 0 input. T has 2 input wires. R W Y and G are all output to the thermostat. The Y and T terminals output to the outside unit.



The first thing I tried, after much research, was to connect a second output wire to the T terminal as a "common wire" and connected it with the thermostat. The thermostat had power and fan would come on, but not the outside unit.



At some point along the way the transformer in the furnace blew so I replaced it.



Right now I can get:

R-Y - 26v

R-G - 26v

R-B - 26v

R-W - 13v



these readings are for at the thermostat and at the terminals.



Another problem is when I connect the blue wire as the common wire, I can only get 13v to the outside unit. However, if I don't connect the blue wire as the common wire, I get the, "e24" error again and the thermostat says it doesn't have power (Voc~8).



I have replaced the contactor, capacitor, and fan capacitor.



When I have the common wire attached and the thermostat has power, I can manually press the contactor and the outside unit starts up and blows cold air.



The problem is for some reason I cannot get power to both my thermostat and 24v to energize the contactor at the same time.



Any ideas would be appreciated!



Thanks!

HVAC system help

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.