mercredi 25 mars 2015

I'm Baaaack...(and going crazy) with another issue on the fridge

Ok, last night, fridge side bulb blew, so got another today. After trying to unscrew it last night, realized the cover would just lift off, so pulled the fridge temp knob and viola..no problem.



Come back with the bulb and try to put the cover and temp knob back on and the knob will only go on if it is lined up at about the off position. Seems like almost 180 out. Didn't notice it when it was delivered, just turned it 1/2 way up and checked the temp. The stat has 2 fingers of different widths and shapes that engage similar grooves in the knob. It can only go on one way. What the heck? Was it replaced and installed wrong maybe? I don't see a way to move the plate that the fingers are a part of.



Oh, and a new freezer thermometer is saying its warmer than I though, but I'll check it in the morning to verify. Could have just been because of opening and closing and turning on and off.



If you have time, could you explain to this poor appliance dumb person (my Dad is probably rolling like a gator right now), does the knob for the fridge do anything other than open a door wider to allow more cold air? I mean, I know it will turn off the comp, if I turn it down. Or does it do both?



Model Hotpoint GSX24GR

I'm Baaaack...(and going crazy) with another issue on the fridge

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.