samedi 28 mars 2015

Fixing insulation problem in existing walls and hard to access spaces

Hi All,



I live in Chicago area and winter here is pretty cold. I got an old house and I have been working to try to make it more efficient. I added insulation to the attic and in any place I can think off. Still, I seem to have insulation problems in the walls. The is cold air coming from all outlets on exterior walls. I tried using spray foam around the outlet and it seems to have helped a bit but still cold air comes from it.



I have done some small repairs to the wall and I see there is some fiberglass insulation batts but I am guessing they are old and probably damaged due to weather.



So anyway... Here are my questions.. .



1. How can I insulate attic very hard to reach spaces? Some kind of foam with some hose extensions???



2. Best way to add more insulation to the wall without ripping them out (and hopefully suitable for a DIY project). I researched and found options like Injection, foam spray with extension hose but there seems to be contradictory opinions about it. I know there is probably not a definite answer but any suggestion with tips and pointers (or links) to specific products I can buy would do it.



Note that the walls are not empty hollow, they do have some insulation already, so blowing don't seem like an option.



Thanks in advance for any hint/tip :thumbup:

Fixing insulation problem in existing walls and hard to access spaces

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.