jeudi 26 mars 2015

Tripled 2x6's ok for deck posts instead of 6x6's?

I looked at a house (to possibly buy) and it had a deck (maybe 4' above ground) with posts made from tripled 2x6's instead of 6x6's. The posts are buried in the ground. I thought that 2x pressure treated lumber was not rated for ground contact, so this would be a no-no. Am I right, or is this a common practice?



I checked and the deck was in fact permitted and inspected, but there are other things about the deck that I am sure should have failed inspection (a rim joist spliced with a mending plate that isn't supported by a post, hidden behind a handrail post!!! and the whole thing is several inches out of level) so that doesn't give me great confidence.

Tripled 2x6's ok for deck posts instead of 6x6's?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.