mardi 24 mars 2015

I misunderstood SmartKey, looking for a solution.

Looking for suggestions on where to go from here.



My story:



Own a house built in the mid 1990s with all door locks keyed to the same key and Weiser brand. Recently had problems with a door knob that the internals that allowed it to open and close failed. Went to the box store and saw "smartkey" kwikset and assumed wrongly that I'd just be able to reset it to my existing key. Doesn't work obviously. Lesson learned. I see Weiser also offers a smartkey but appears to be the same company to some extent now as kwikset. Would a Weiser smartkey lock allow me to rekey with my existing key? Or any suggestion on how I can get a new doorknob that will work with the same key that opens every other lock in the house? New to the world of keys and locks so am hoping for some help. Thanks.

I misunderstood SmartKey, looking for a solution.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.